Can't find external drives

I'm having problems when attempting to locate directories on my USB drives, and 1 external drive.  When using Konquerer, a messageBox pops up saying error-KDE mediamanager not running.  I'm new to this, and the forums haven't answered my post yet.  I need to get to this usb drive so I can install the broadcam driver so my wireless will work.  Also, my eth0 connection won't work.  It runs through a Lynksys router and I can't figure out how to configure it.  My ISP uses a DHCP server I believe. Any response would be greatly appreciated as I'm new to Linux, mailing lists, and that sort of thing.  Thanks in advance.