Re: about postfix

Maurice Guerrier wrote:
> How can I test that my postfix server is correct without sending a mail
>
> I'm using debian
> I have a domain "paris.fr" my pc is at the same time the dns server
> My host's name is "server"
> I have this line in the DNS server :
> @    IN    MX    10 server.paris.fr.
>
> in /etc/postifx/main.cf , for   "myhostname" i put "server"
> for "mydestination" i put : paris.fr, localhost, server.paris.fr,
> localhost
>
> when I do /etc/init.d/postfix restart ( there is no mistake)
>
> i create the user "judes"
> I do : mail judes
> ..
> ..
> when i login with judes there is no mail for judes
> please help me
>
> Guerrier MAURICE
> Cell.: +33(0) 6 10 30 43 46

To test your MX, you can try this http://www.dnscolos.com (or on another
website, try "dns report" on Google), this will give you ideas to know
if your MX is ok or not.

For your hostname, you should put "server.paris.fr" and for
mydestination, try with this : $myhostname localhost, localhost.localdomain

I advise you to search for a documentation about "postfix installation".

Regards,

--
http://snurf.info - http://about-gnulinux.info
« Honesty is the best policy »