Re: To check a copy of a file on its originality from its installed package.

Thank You for Your time and answer, Rob:

> On 2009-Apr-15, at 4:02 AM, Sthu Deus wrote:
> % aptitude install debsums
> % rehash
> % debsums sudo

I get the error:
# rehash
bash: rehash: command not found

I've searched for the file at the debian package page - there is no
such a file that is in a bin directory.

PS I have installed the debsums using apt-get - as I do not have/use
aptitude.

Is it true decision: if I check every file that is in the system dirs
like /bin, /etc /usr with this:

dpkg -S file

to be sure it is not the enemy's file?

Or may there are more automated tools for the integrity system check
and that reparing it?