Re: ALSA configuration problems

Alexander Harizanov wrote:

> Hi,
> I have Etch on AMD Sempron 3000. i have no problems playing audio CDs or
> DVDs.  But if I try stream video there is no sound at all.  Mlayer stated
> the following error: alsa-lib: 'pcm_hw.c:1248:(snd_pcm_hw_open) open
> /dev/snd/pcmC0D0p failed: Device or resource busy' I fact the device
> pcmC0D0p wasn't  busy. I would appreciate  any advice.
>
> Alexander H

lsof | grep dsp

to see if dsp is buzy

I had this issue (not only on etch)

seems the flash player is using dsp

so you have to use aoss

try aoss firefox to enable it
there is shell variable you can export - something like MOZILLA_OSS or a
like.

try googling for it

other issue is that some flash players require 44100Hz PCM so check this if
the first does not help. ALSA default is 48000 but it should convert on the
fly, so I'll bet for the first one

regards