Re: email notification when a process ends?

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 01:00:25PM -0500, Zhengquan Zhang wrote:
> Dear debian users,
> I have got a script that does database query running for hours. Is there
> any way to send myself an email after the process for the script ends?

  Hello.

  You can use 'mail' , in 'bsd-mailx' package.

  When the process end, you can put..:

  echo "End" | mail -s "subject text" user

--
Porqué loitar e matar, se podes amar e sonhar

/"\
\ /  CAMPANHA DA FITA ASCII - CONTRA MAIL HTML
 X   ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN - AGAINST HTML MAIL
/ \