From: Mohamed Irshad <mailtoirs@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 1:16 AM
Subject: Links to download Testing distribution does not work
To: debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org

Hi,

I am being a debian Etch user who got an Internet connection recently
wanted to download the testing version.
I could not download the jigdo files from the official site. This is
what happened

1. I went to http://www.debian.org/CD/jigdo-cd/
2. Clicked Official jigdo files for the "testing" distribution -> DVD
-> i386(which points to
http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/lenny_di_rc2/i386/jigdo-dvd/ )
3. Received the following error.
>>>Not Found
>>>The requested URL /cdimage/lenny_di_rc2/i386/jigdo-dvd/ was not found on this server.
4. Strangely though I was unable to download the jigdo files, I could
"Search Contents of .jigdo Files" and receive responses.

I thought writing about this to the maintainers would be helpful. Hope
it is useful.

Note: I substituted the lenny_di_rc2 part with weekly-builds in the
above url and tried
http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/weekly-builds/i386/jigdo-dvd/. It
worked. But the files listed were Last modified on 30-Mar-2009. I was
a bit suspicious since the weekly builds can't be two weeks older, and
chose not to download.