Re: apt-listbugs workaround

>Upgrading has become very tortuous, tedious and nigh-impossible because of
all
>those "empty strings for SOAP" errors. This had been fixed, keeps coming
back.

>I have found that if packages are installed one-at-a-time, apt-listbugs will
>report. Of course, many packages get grouped by their dependencies and one
>cannot do this.

>Apt-listbugs is a script. How might I work around, something like this:
>1. Try the whole list (more efficient). If this works, fine. If not.
>2. Try each item on the list. Flag ones that do not report, obviously, as
well
>as any bugs reported for ones that do report.
>3. Allow the same choices as before after bugs or failures reported. This is
>simply the script's exit value. (It would be nice to be able to answer for
>each item, but that may be asking too much!)

Those of you who do not see this error, you lucked out--closer/better
connections to various servers involved. You would not notice such a
wordaround.

Examples:
Python stuff--I can upgrade two, not more, at one gulp.
vlc--upgrade installed a libass3. Go the error. If I did libass3 by itself,
worked ok, then after this, vlc packages upgraded ok.
I cannot upgrade gcc4.3 because any one package pulls in all the others which
is too many for that server/connection.

So I can never really upgrade.

So how do I do this?