Re: Display problem after apt-get dist-upgrade

On 2009-04-13 07:48 +0200, Kuang Chen wrote:

>     I apt-get and apt-get dist-upgraded everyday and I think
>     several xorg-related and intel graphics card got upgraded a
>     few days ago. Then the display of my computer got messed
>     up. The windows repait themselves slowly when they are moved
>     around: one can even see the obvious delay in repainting. So I am
>     sure something went wrong with the graphics card configuration or
>     things of that kind. I've attached my xorg.conf and
>     /var/log/xorg.0.log below. If anything beyond those is needed, I
>     can attach them then, as long as you can tell me what I should do,
>     since I am inexperienced in Linux. Thanks very much.

If you are inexperienced in Linux, you had better not run Debian
unstable.  Do yourself a favor and stick to stable or testing instead.

The latest Intel video driver seems to have some serious problems, you
may want to check the bug list at [1], especially the newly filed
"important" bugs.

Sven

1. http://bugs.debian.org/xserver-xorg-video-intel