Problems when audio capturing with headset

Hi all!

I'm trying to test the operation of my headset in Debian GNU/Linux
Squeeze to be able to use it with a softphone. Although the sound works
with the rest of the applications with the headphone, in order to listen
what I say I must put practically the microphone grazing the mouth :-S

I'm using a 2.6.26-1-amd64 kernel with the following hardware of audio:

# lspci|grep Audio
00:05.0 Audio device: nVidia Corporation MCP61 High Definition Audio (rev a2)

The headset is a Genius HS-02N with the following characteristics:

Headphone:
- Frequency response: 20 Hz - 20 KHz.
- Impedance:          32 Ohms / 1 KHz.

Microphone:
- Frequency response: 20 Hz - 20 KHz.
- Impedance:          2.2 Ohms.
- Sensibility:        < 60 dB +- 4 dB.

I tried regulating several parameters in alsamixer but it did not change
to much the situation. Some idea of how being able to solve it?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Daniel
--
Fingerprint: BFB3 08D6 B4D1 31B2 72B9  29CE 6696 BF1B 14E6 1D37