Re: Upgrading from linux-image-2.6.18-686 to linux-image-2.6.24-686 breaks on AMD Geode LX CPU

On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 11:21 AM, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
>>Is there any chance this will become available on Lenny eventually?
>
> I think Lenny is scheduled for an update soon.  You might see if the release
> team can squeeze that in.  (Is it in testing, yet?)

(Funny tone) I had to read that twice, since "squeeze" is also the
name of the current testing! :-)

To the OP, if you are in a hurry and want to try building your own
kernel, you could use the kernel-package to build a vannila kernel
from the latest kernel sources. That way, you get the kernel as a
Debian package, the latest kernel, and get to tweak the .config and
customize some drivers and settings (I use preempting for desktop my
desktop, for example). Basically, you can have the cake, eat it too
and, optionally, add more icing! :-)

Kumar
--
Kumar