Re: To synchronize system time witn NTP-server with no winter time shift whole year - how to?

"Andrew M.A. Cater" <amacater@galactic.demon.co.uk> пишет:
> cat /etc/timezone - mine reads /Etc/GMT
>
> Run dpkg-reconfigure -plow tzdata
>
> Scroll down to "None of the above" - and choose GMT or the
> appropriate offset.
>
> Done :)

Thank You very much, Andrew and others who has answered my question.
I also appologice for long respond as I am new to the list and its
volume just overhelmed me. Yet I do not know how to setup filtering on
topics at gmail.com.

Well. I have done as You said, and can verify it only on october - when
the 'winter time' comes again.

What I want(ed) is that my system show always the same time regardless
of the winter time and I yet could synchronize my system w/
NTP-servers. I know that the servers are in UTC. But the problem w/ me
was that once the 'winter time' comes and I synchronize my system w/
NTP-server, I get time offset too, notwithstanding I want to escape it.

So, is Your decision sufficient for my problem? Or another something
should be undertaken?

What seemed me od with dpkg-reconfigure is that I had to choose wrong
GMT offset in order system shows true time.

Again, thank You, All, for Your time and efforts in answering me.