Re: Broken upgrade seems to be perl. need help

[ It seems that some of your messages did not get through to the list.
  I think your other messages may have been filtered because they were
  addressed to me directly and debian-user was CC'ed only. (This is
  actually against list policy; although I personally do not mind
  getting two copies.)]

On Wed, Apr 08, 2009 at 08:40:39 -0400, Jake wrote:

[...]

> So last out put of the -f install and upgrades are as follow
> this was the upgrade that almost worked

[...]

> ldconfig: /lib/libfwbuilder.so.7 is not a symbolic link

I think this is (relatively) harmless and can be ignored for now.

[...]

> Setting up libxml-sax-perl (0.16+dfsg-3) ...
> Migrating the Perl SAX parser information directory.
> update-perl-sax-parsers: Unregistering Perl SAX parser
> XML::SAX::PurePerl with priority 50...
> update-perl-sax-parsers: Registering Perl SAX parser XML::SAX::PurePerl
> with priority 10...
> Can't locate XML/NamespaceSupport.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl
> /usr/local/lib/perl/5.10.0 /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.0 /usr/lib/perl5
> /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.10 /usr/share/perl/5.10
> /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at /usr/share/perl5/XML/SAX/PurePerl.pm line
> 20.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
> /usr/share/perl5/XML/SAX/PurePerl.pm line 20.
> Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/perl5/XML/SAX.pm line 147.
> dpkg: error processing libxml-sax-perl (--configure):
>  subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 2

XML/NamespaceSupport.pm is part of package libxml-namespacesupport-perl.
Your @INC is correct AFAICT, so something must be wrong with this
package. Check if it is installed normally:

dpkg -l libxml-namespacesupport-perl

If the package is missing than you can try to install it directly with
dpkg as follows (since apt-get is blocked by the error):

wget http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/libx/libxml-namespacesupport-perl/libxml-namespacesupport-perl_1.09-3_all.deb
dpkg -i libxml-namespacesupport-perl_1.09-3_all.deb

If the namespacesupport package is installed and libxml-sax-perl still
cannot be configured, then I would like to see the output of:

ls -l /usr/share/perl5/XML/

          Florian   |