Re: Adding a user

On Wed, 2009-04-08 at 16:19 +0200, Samuel Bächler wrote:
> Hi Frank
>
> Frank McCormick wrote:
> > Running Squeeze - tried to add a user today using the graphical front
> > end under Gksudo ...everything except properties was grayed out.
> >
> > I have implemented root on this machine - so I modified GDM to allow
> > root logons...same result.
> >
> > What am I missing here?
> >

> Why don't you add user in the console environment? See `man adduser' or
> `man useradd'.
>
> sam

  Well that's what I ended up doing - but I am still curious why this
Gnome Squeeze installation refuses to allow me to do it under the GUI
front end. The unlock button on the GUI users-admin is grayed out. All
the other system software works like it is supposed to so it seems it's
not a general fault.

Thanks