Re: autolock console

On Wed, Apr 08, 2009 at 10:26:27AM +1000, Daniel Dalton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On the standard console (alt+ctr+f1), no x session running, is it
> possible to run a command after a certain number of minutes where no
> keys have been pressed? Like the gnome screen saver, except for the
> console. I want to be able to run vlock after say 15 minutes with no one
> pressing anything on the keyboard.
>
> Thanks!

I don't know where to get that information, the time since last keypress,
but my guess is that it's probably somewhere in the /proc/ filesystem.
If you can find it there, then come up with a command, e.g., using grep
or awk, to check for the condition you're interested in and do something.
Invoke that every minute or so via cron, perhaps in a wrapper script.

You might try google for resolving or at least hinting at questions
like this.  Just describe your query very briefly at www.google.com.
Include terms like linux or debian to help narrow it down if necessary.
Try it; it's quite an amazing resource.  ;-)

Ken

--
Ken Irving