Re: ssh-agent: multikey

Hello List,

thanks for your replies,
Jerome

Todd A. Jacobs wrote:
On Mon, Apr 06, 2009 at 12:31:33AM +0800, Jerome BENOIT wrote:

curenlty, during Gomme sessions on my Lenny box, the ssh-agent stores
by default only the two default keys: is there a (Debian) way to get
the ssh-agent to store a larger number of keys by default ?

There may be a better way, but I use keychain from .bashrc:

    keychain --nogui key1.dsa key2.dsa key3.dsa
    [[ -f $HOME/.keychain/$HOSTNAME-sh ]] && \
        source $HOME/.keychain/$HOSTNAME-sh
    [[ -f $HOME/.keychain/$HOSTNAME-sh-gpg ]] && \
        source  $HOME/.keychain/$HOSTNAME-sh-gpg

Keychain essentially uses ssh-add to load keys into the running
ssh-agent, so it doesn't conflict with anything gnome or kde are doing.
Keychain has some other nice features, too, that make it particularly
suitable for screen sessions and remote administration.

Really, the only downside is that you need to open a terminal inside
your GUI to get the keys to load. You could probably even automate that
somehow at desktop startup, but since I always open at least one
terminal, it has never been something I've had to deal with.

--
Jerome BENOIT
jgmbenoit_at_mailsnare_dot_net