Re: Consolechars Question

On Mon, Apr 06, 2009 at 08:57:26AM -0400, Thomas H. George wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 06, 2009 at 10:42:24PM +1200, Chris Bannister wrote:
> > [Sorry for the late post.]
> > What is the output of:
> > grep -v ^# /etc/console-tools/config
>

> BLANK_TIME=30
>

> BLANK_DPMS=off
>
> POWERDOWN_TIME=30
>

> APP_CHARSET_MAP=utf8
> APP_CHARSET_MAP_vc1=utf8
> APP_CHARSET_MAP_vc2=utf8
> APP_CHARSET_MAP_vc3=utf8
> APP_CHARSET_MAP_vc4=utf8
> SCREEN_FONT=uni3-TerninusBold16

OK, same here

> > and:
> > locale
>

> LANG=en_US.UTF-8
> LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_PAPER="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_NAME="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_ADDRESS="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_ALL=

OK, same here

> > Also if you start mutt like
> > chrisb@box:~$ LANG=C mutt
> >
> > You should see the symbols ok?
>
> Nope, still the same old funny symbols.

That is weird!

OK, maybe something in your .muttrc is having an effect.

Start mutt like so:
chrisb@box:~$ LANG=C mutt
Once started, type !
then when you see "Shell command:" type:
echo $LANG
it should display:

If all that shows up correctly, then I suggest you take this to the
mutt-users mailing list. Sorry, but I've run out of ideas.

There are some people on mutt-users who have will have more clues than
I.

--
Chris.
======