Re: thunar-data package issue in sid

Spiro Harvey:

> background: I just upgraded from Lenny to Sid and thunar broke. I
> don't have all of xfce installed, as I just use fluxbox.

A new version of Xfce (4.6 I think) just got uploaded this weekend. A
little breakage is expected during such transitions.

> however, thunar_0.9.0-10_i386 and libthunar-vfs-1-2_0.9.0-10_i386 each
> have a Depend of thunar-data (= 0.9.0-10)

This appears to be a "regular" dependency bug. You could have a look in
the BTS (bugs.debian.org) whether it has already been reported. But
usually the maintainers involved already know about it.

> I fixed the problem by manually installing
> thunar-data_0.9.0-10_all.deb with dpkg, then following that with an
> "apt-get install thunar squeeze xfburn".
>
> Is this something I've done wrong?

No, it's probably fine.

> Are there i386 packages on their way? Can I build the packages and
> upload them somewhere?

You could of course upload them to a private site. But to make it an
"official" Debian package you have to be a Debian Developer (or need a
DD who sponsors your upload) and this requires a long-time commitment.

J.
--
If I won the lottery I would keep all the money and wallpaper my house
with it.