Reg. PAM

Hi everybody,

Good Morning.

I am using Lenny.
I have installed libpam-cracklib.
I was going through "Securing Debian" and tryig to understand more about
PAM.
I have a couple of issues.
I have installed OpenOffice.org 3 from backport.org.

Does our new versions support PAM for packages.
How can I view the list of packages that support PAM ?

[1]	The following two lines should be added to all files in /etc/pam.d/
that grant access to the machine, like login and ssh.

     # Be sure to install libpam-cracklib first or you will not be able
to log in
     password   required     pam_cracklib.so retry=3 minlen=12 difok=3
     password   required     pam_unix.so use_authtok nullok md5

Should I randomly insert the lines anywhere in the said file ?
Or I can insert the above 2 lines in every file located /etc/pam.d/ ?

[2]		Please guide me where I should insert lines in various other files.
Please look into the follwoing link :
http://www.linuxsecurity.com/resource_files/host_security/securing-debian-howto/ch4.en.html#s-check-integ.

Herewith I am providing /etc/pam.d/login content :

#
# The PAM configuration file for the Shadow `login' service
#

# Enforce a minimal delay in case of failure (in microseconds).
# (Replaces the `FAIL_DELAY' setting from login.defs)
# Note that other modules may require another minimal delay. (for
example,
# to disable any delay, you should add the nodelay option to pam_unix)
auth       optional   pam_faildelay.so  delay=3000000

# Outputs an issue file prior to each login prompt (Replaces the
# ISSUE_FILE option from login.defs). Uncomment for use
# auth       required   pam_issue.so issue=/etc/issue

# Disallows root logins except on tty's listed in /etc/securetty
# (Replaces the `CONSOLE' setting from login.defs)
auth       [success=ok ignore=ignore user_unknown=ignore default=die]
pam_securetty.so

# Disallows other than root logins when /etc/nologin exists
# (Replaces the `NOLOGINS_FILE' option from login.defs)
auth       requisite  pam_nologin.so

# This module parses environment configuration file(s)
# and also allows you to use an extended config
# file /etc/security/pam_env.conf.
#
# parsing /etc/environment needs "readenv=1"
session       required   pam_env.so readenv=1
# locale variables are also kept into /etc/default/locale in etch
# reading this file *in addition to /etc/environment* does not hurt
session       required   pam_env.so readenv=1
envfile=/etc/default/locale

# Standard Un*x authentication.
@include common-auth

# This allows certain extra groups to be granted to a user
# based on things like time of day, tty, service, and user.
# Please edit /etc/security/group.conf to fit your needs
# (Replaces the `CONSOLE_GROUPS' option in login.defs)
auth       optional   pam_group.so

# Uncomment and edit /etc/security/time.conf if you need to set
# time restrainst on logins.
# (Replaces the `PORTTIME_CHECKS_ENAB' option from login.defs
# as well as /etc/porttime)
# account    requisite  pam_time.so

# Uncomment and edit /etc/security/access.conf if you need to
# set access limits.
# (Replaces /etc/login.access file)
# account  required       pam_access.so

# Sets up user limits according to /etc/security/limits.conf
# (Replaces the use of /etc/limits in old login)
session    required   pam_limits.so

# Prints the last login info upon succesful login
# (Replaces the `LASTLOG_ENAB' option from login.defs)
session    optional   pam_lastlog.so

# Prints the motd upon succesful login
# (Replaces the `MOTD_FILE' option in login.defs)
session    optional   pam_motd.so

# Prints the status of the user's mailbox upon succesful login
# (Replaces the `MAIL_CHECK_ENAB' option from login.defs).
#
# This also defines the MAIL environment variable
# However, userdel also needs MAIL_DIR and MAIL_FILE variables
# in /etc/login.defs to make sure that removing a user
# also removes the user's mail spool file.
# See comments in /etc/login.defs
session    optional   pam_mail.so standard

# SELinux needs to intervene at login time to ensure that the process
# starts in the proper default security context.
# Uncomment the following line to enable SELinux
# session required pam_selinux.so select_context

# Standard Un*x account and session
@include common-account
@include common-session
@include common-password