Re: Pulseaudio problems--certain parts not playing

Dr. Jennifer Nussbaum wrote:
Hi, I have Pulseaudio set up on my sid machine, and after following the configuratoin examples, things have been working fine.

But recently some parts (i dont know the right word--channel, track, source?) stop working and i cant tell why.

When I first boot the machine everything works. But right now, for instance, i can play YouTube videos and get sound, but thats it. I get no sound with Totem, or Audacious, or even with another web browser.

I dont even know what details to report--i look at the Pulseaudio Manager and things look OK, but i dont know what to look for. There are no message in /var/log/messages. And i dont know why this starts to happen, its not connected to anything like suspend/resume. All i know is that right now i can watch YouTube but cant play an mp3.

Where do i go to try to figure this out?

Thanks!

Jen

I've heard nothing but bad things about pulse, and it's been suggested to disable it.

Few friends who run ubuntu have all disabled it right away..