OT - Video card opinions

I've been a long time user of Nvidia for my video cards. I'm doing some upgrades to my machine and am considering a pair of Radeon HD 4830s in crossfire mode. I'm stuck between that or sticking with Nvidia and going for a GeForce 9800GT. My understanding is the combination of the two Radeon's in crossfire will blow away the Nvidia performance wise.

I'd like to know any opinions concerning this choice and also are there any configuration issues with the pair of Radeon cards in X.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts,
Mike

--

 This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.
  07:00:01 up 4 days,  9:08,  2 users,  load average: 0.24, 0.24, 0.19

 Linux Registered User #241685  http://counter.li.org