Re: Why no Skype packages?

On Tuesday 31 Mar 2009, Alan Chandler wrote:

> There used to be a service called Freeworlddialup which you could
> connect to other people in the world, but last year it went over to a
> paying service. Since I've never used it, it didn't matter.

As others have commented, I just noticed that ekiga.net provides an
addressing mechanism to reach other SIP users (SIP phones are peer to
peer once the connection has been made).  I would think (although I
have not yet investigated) that you could make asterisk a sip client to
link your complete branch exchange to a wide community

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk