Installation with multiple Software RAID devices + LVM

I'd like to install Lenny into existing LVM volume group built top of
Software RAID-1 physical volumes like this:

pvs:
  PV         VG       Fmt  Attr PSize  PFree
  /dev/md0   LVM_VG_2 lvm2 a-   50,13G     0
  /dev/md1   LVM_VG_2 lvm2 a-   14,80G 80,00M

/proc/mdstat:
Personalities : [raid1]
md1 : active raid1 hda9[0] hdc6[1]
      15518686 blocks super 1.2 [2/2] [UU]

md0 : active raid1 hda7[0] hdc5[1]
      52564544 blocks [2/2] [UU]

Partitions are type "fd Linux raid autodetect" and autodetected fine
using existing installation (mix of etch and lenny).
I used "priority=medium" boot option to give more control during install.
But Lenny installer or kernel doesn't autoassemble md1, only md0. I think it
should bring md1 up too. Could it be about superblock version (md1 has
version 1.2 superblock). Why version 0.90 is default?
As workaround how I assemble array manually from installer without erasing
data?

(I'm not subscribed)