Re: public key

A little more on signing vs. encryption.  While both use algorithms
and keys the purpose of encrption (in your context) is to make sure
that no one can read the message even if they are able to intercept
the transmission.  The purpose of signing is to make sure the message
was in fact sent by the correct person.
Larry