Re: about ntp

leo <leonardo@softel.cu> wrote:
> when I exec ntpdate -u pool.ntp.org for example, the out is:
> "no server suitable for synchronization found"

The NTP Pool servers are all run on a "best endeavours" basis. (I know,
because I run one.) So if one doesn't respond you should try the next.

Since you're running debian, the "correct" pool servers to try are these:

    0.debian.pool.ntp.org
    1.debian.pool.ntp.org
    2.debian.pool.ntp.org
    3.debian.pool.ntp.org

Ideally, instead of using ntpdate you should seriously consider running
the ntp daemon itself (ntpd) from package 'ntp'. This has these servers
preconfigured, and it also steps the time correctly at boot so there's
almost no need for ntpdate.

Chris