Re: Iceweasel: Can't find helper application

Quoth Jimmy Johnson at 2009-03-24 17:11...

> Maybe it's missing the browser plug in, try a Synaptic search for xpdf
> and see if you can find the plug in, wish I could help more but I'm not
> using my Debian at the moment to search this for you.

Thanks, but it shouldn't be invoking it as a plugin, it should be
spawning an external application.  This is how I had my old FF2 set up -
I'd put in the application name and the helper would fire up in its own
window.  (Just for reference, I was using the official Acroread for PDFs
which I would NEVER allow to run as a plugin, Open Office for all the
filetypes it could handle, gvim for things like C source.)

I noticed that, by default, mozplugger was trying to handle office
documents - I got rid of that pretty sharpish and set it to invoke
oowriter, oocalc, etc., instead.

Cheers

Matthew Smith
Business:      http://www.smiffytech.com/