Re: mysql server stopped and i cannot restart

B-Fly wrote:
> Any luck in resolving this issue? I just rebooted by computer, and guess
> what... mysql refuses to start now.

[...]
> It does complain about logfiles not being there, but they are, and
> readible by mysql user.
>
> I am starting to get a bit puzzled. Any helps?
>
> Ronald

Replying to myself...

Apparently my MySQL problem is just a consequence of another problem. It
seems I am not able to use any non-root users. Since MySQL uses the
mysql user, that is probably the cause.

root@warthog:/# su user1
Cannot execute /bin/bash: Permission denied

root@warthog:/# ls /bin/bash -alF
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 725100 2009-03-01 10:31 /bin/bash*

So probably there is some authentification issue somewhere. Keep on looking.

Ronald