Re: Why is MythTV not in Debian?

Christofer C. Bell schreef:
> On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 6:18 AM, Paul van der Vlis <paul@vandervlis.nl
> <mailto:paul@vandervlis.nl>> wrote:
>
>     Hello,
>
>     Why is MythTV only in debian-multimedia? It has a GPL license.
>
>     What is good way to find out why a package is not in Debian main?
>     I already searched debian-legal.
>

> Assuming that some piece of software is DFSG-Free, the only reason it
> would not be included is because no one has stepped up to maintain a
> package for it.  Again, assuming it's DSFG-Free, there would be no
> obstacle to it being a part of Debian other than lack of a maintainer.

from: http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/163269 :
-----
I'm a DD and would be happy to help out in this regard - I spoke to Matt
a while ago about the reasons behind not adding it to debian proper, and
as you say, it was down to licensing/legal issues.
-----

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

--