Re: vim and php

Rick Pasotto wrote:
> I finally realized that this incorrect formating behavior happened
> *only* when I was editing php files. Evidently the php syntax file is
> the cause of my problem and it has changed. How can I find what the
> change was and fix it?

Take a look at the changes to the file. The file comes from the
vim-runtime package which comes from the vim source package:

http://packages.qa.debian.org/v/vim.html

On the left are links to the Git repository:

git://git.debian.org/git/pkg-vim/vim.git
http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-vim/vim.git

The change history of syntax/php.vim is here:

http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-vim/vim.git;a=history;f=runtime/syntax/php.vim;h=4e6b95ca9f6b698263370578cf08a6a373fbdc1e;hb=a97ec6db95ce42dfd051cb01ad44216eb882b72c

It looks like there were no changes to it since june 2008, so it's not
php.vim that causes it.

Try to find the last version of vim-runtime that worked correctly and
the first version that did not work correctly. Then start diffing those
versions or use git to find the change that causes this.

--
Sander Marechal