Re: snd-hda-intel Codec: IDT 92HD73E1X5 support in lenny

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 13:51, Emanoil Kotsev <deloptes@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> can someone help me to get sound in lenny with the intel (Codec: IDT
> 92HD73E1X5) snd card
>
> I read in the bugreports that alsa 1.0.19 should support it and installed
> from source but still no sound. I'm not sure it was really  the 19 version
> because it said it was 1.0.19 but after installing in
> cat /proc/asound/version
> Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.18rc3

This might be because you didn't upgrade all of alsa.

Part of my alsa (Sid packages) is 1.0.19, but cat /proc/asound/version
says Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.18a.

> or something
>
> the board is DG45FC. If someone could point me to a good howto it would be
> enough

http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php/Quick_Install

When I had sound card issues, I found building alsa-drivers was enough.

Make sure you have the linux-headers* package for your kernel

Download the alsa-drivers tar.bz2 package to /usr/local/src/

# unpack
tar -xvjf alsa-driver-1.0.19.tar.bz2
cd alsa-driver-1.0.19/

#build
./configure --with-cards=hda-intel --with-isapnp=no
make

# become root to install
make install

reboot (or a correct modprobe invocation might suffice)
of course this doesn't make .debs, but it works, and is easy