Re: good webcam for Linux (low light, mic, 'just works')

>Alex Samad wrote :
>
> Hi
>
> Sorry to revive an old thread, but I was wondering if any one has used
> Logitech Quickcam Sphere AF
>
> looking for a pan tilt webcam I can use under linux ?
>
> Alex

I know that Paulo Assis, developer of the admirable Guvcview

http://guvcview.berlios.de/  (publicity inside !)

is using it, and was quite satisfied with the quality, and I believe he
added support for the autofocus and such in Guvcview. Maybe you can drop
him a message on it's Berlios.de page (see link), and be sure to try
Guvcview too ! (it's in Debian, but sadly outdated (0.9.3 when 1.0.2 is
out)).

Tom