Re: Problems with compilation

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 12:51:34 +0800
Uwe Dippel <udippel@gmail.com> wrote:

> Therefore, I tried
> apt-get install g++
> but it gives me
>   g++: Depends: cpp (>= 4:4.3.2-2) but it is not going to be installed
>        Depends: gcc (>= 4:4.3.2-2) but it is not going to be installed
>        Depends: g++-4.3 (>= 4.3.2-1) but it is not going to be installed
>        Depends: gcc-4.3 (>= 4.3.2-1) but it is not going to be installed
> E: Broken packages
>
> What can I do?

g++ is a dependency package which depends on the actual compiler
packages that apt-get is trying to install.  On my Sid system, they are
all available; I don't know why they aren't on yours.  Have you done an
update recently?  Perhaps try a different mirror, or just wait and try
the update and install again.

Celejar