Re: LVM and install over existing installation

Tim Anstey wrote:
Ah, so if I see this right, I can configure LVM and treat it as I would any other partition. So say I had this:
    --- Logical volume ---

      LV Name                /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol01

I could treat that exactly the same as /dev/hdax?
yes, you can mount LogVol01just as you would mount /dev/hdax
assuming that LogVol01 is formatted as ext3 you could use the follwing in your fstab

/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol01 /mountpoint ext3 defaults 0 0

If so that's awfully helpful, I assumed LVM relied on the currently installed OS to function so by booting into another OS install I wouldn't be able to access it.
as long as the OS understands LVM there should be no issue, you would need to install LVM2 before you can use it.

--

www.songshu.org
Just another collection of nuts