Re: USplash

Dean Chester wrote :
> Hi
> I recently installed Usplash for a boot splash screen for my debian
> system. I have now removed usplash  i think its called and the
> splashscreen still exists. Anyideas on how i can fix this?
> Dean

Hi, I don't recall how usplash is working exactly, but I thing you have
to rebuild your initial ram disk (initrd). There may also be some kernel
options left in your menu.list ("quiet", "silent", "splash" ...
whatever), but they should be armless once the initrd is rebuilt.
You can use "update-initramfs" for that.
I would have thought that removing Usplash would have triggered the
process at the same time...

Tom