Re: Why did you chose Debian over CentOS?

On Thu, Mar 05, 2009 at 08:52:09AM -0600, Stackpole, Chris wrote:

> Stable. The fact people joke and make fun of how stable Debian is a
> testament to the devs who make certain that Debian stable _is_ stable!

Stable as in unchanging. No new packages are added to the "stable"
branch whereas new packages are often added to the "unstable" branch,
hence its name.

Admins can just install stable and _know_ they'll have an unchanging
system (except for security updates -- which are carefully patched
against the existing same version).

IOW, unstable is not called "unstable" because it is buggy and likely to
crash.

--
Chris.
======