Re: Old PHP on new Debian

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 10:59 AM, Stephan <geek@wickedclips.net> wrote:
> Install the version of Debian you'd like (Lenny I assume, unless you're
> looking for unstable or volatile versions) then
>
> aptitude remove php5
>
> then install the version of php you want.
>
> Pet wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'd like to install newest version of Debian available, but with one
>> of older releases of PHP (5.1.6). Is it possible? How can I accomplish
>> this?

I believe this version would have been released under Sarge.
Searching packages.debian.org doesn't help as it doesn't search back
further than 'oldstable' or Etch.

I see my mirror no longer provides Sarge package lists.

Maybe the OP should download this older version from the PHP site and
unpack to /usr/local.