Re: Location of icons

mond wrote:
On Mar 6, 3:30 pm, Frank <debianl...@videotron.ca> wrote:
On Fri, 2009-03-06 at 21:57 +0100, Thierry Chatelet wrote:
On 6 March 2009 21:52:23 Frank McCormick wrote:
Looking at my transparent panel in Debian Squeeze I noticed there are a
few icons which are not really suitable...that is they are surrounded by
white backgrounds. I'd like to modify them.....especially the one
representing "show the desktop". Can anyone tell me where in the
directory structure they might be found?
Thanks
Gnome, KDE, others?
  Oh, yes, sorry. Gnome.

I think it is related to icon theme and gtk+ theme too. I know some
pixmap theme has this kind of problem due to some unclear description
in gtk file.

I believe most icons are somewhere in /usr/share/. I don't have GNOME installed anymore, so I can't check. They might be under /usr/share/gnome/icons/ or /usr/share/icons/gnome. Some packages have their own icon directories, like /usr/share/iceweasel/icons or /usr/share/metacity/icons.

Do 'locate -b icons' and you should find most of your icon directories.

Michael M.