Re: Will this program run under wine? or Crossover Office?

On Thu, Mar 05, 2009 at 10:04:47AM +0000, Lisi Reisz wrote:
> The program in question is "Who do you think You Are? Family Tree Maker".  Has
> anyone got this going successfully?  If so, how?  And on what hardware?
>
> I have successfully installed it on Lenny, but it seems not actually to run.
>
> This is for someone else, so "Use a different program" is not an option.
>
> All tips welcomed.  (Even plug it in, turn it on - or RTFM ;-)  But if the
> latter, could you also say which manual - I am not getting very far along
> that route.)
>
> TIA
> Lisi

http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?appId=494

Apparently it works, but not too well. Also, check the AppDB before
asking about Wine compatibility. And keep in mind that this is also
debian-user, whereas Wine has it's own mailing list (which would be
better suited for a question like this, and may even end with a patch of
some sort).

Good luck to you/your friend getting this program to work.

--
		  http://pobega.wordpress.com
		    http://identica/pobega