Re: Why did you chose Debian over CentOS?

On Wed, 4 Mar 2009 17:10:41 -0800 (PST)
Raleigh Guevarra <deathect@yahoo.com> wrote:

> To All Web Hosting Providers,
> I need your help to prove and defend Debian to the CIO and a dozen of
> developers.
> Why did you chose Debian over CentOS to host dozens of websites?
> Both technical and logical inputs or explanation is greatly
> appreciated.
> Raleigh

+ Stability.
Debian packages are tested through a "unstable->testing->stable" release
cycle and are not dependent on a time-table for release.

+ Reliability.
Debian is 100% community based and not reliant on a "prominent North
American Enterprise Linux vendor" that may change their distribution or
development strategy due to market forces. As long as there are
developers interested in Debian, there will be a Debian system to use.

+Package management and administration tools.
Covered by Oliver Schneider

All the cool kids use Debian. Debian/rules ;)

Bill Thompson