Re: browse with root-rights

Dave,

Bacula is an option for backing up files and i think a very good one.

But there is more to it than that.
I use my server as a printserver.
And just because I work at work with MS Office, I have that installed
too at home.
Just because I have to work on them at home and at work, i use the same
program.

And because Windows uses the CIFS protocol it is logical too use it for
printing.
And because i want to make a backup - i mount a share and copy files...
This is done under a standard user account.

And when i get a new linux or OS version ... i try it out on a different
machine.
With debian the upgrade to lenny did not go as planned.
I had to do a reinstall - on the test machine

And because i'm not want to do things for nothing, i want to copy my
configuration files ed
to my testing machine. I can use Unix File Sharing, but much simpeler is
to use the CIFS/SMB server and copy the files by cifs from the server to
the testing machine.
For this it is very handy to copy files by example /etc/samba/smb.conf
to /etc/samba/smb.conf on the test server. Only i need root-rights to do
this and i cant browse with nautulus the Windows network.

I know i can install smbfs and mount the share on a mountingpoint
And then cp the files to the share. And from the other side from the
share to the directory.

But because i want it to do easy, i want to do it with 3 or so
mouseclicks. (Open an Explorer like program 2 times, go to the good
directorys and cp files from one to the other.)

On debian 4.0 this was no problem.
And i m looking to do it the easy way.

Thx