After changing LVM settings, fstab options got lost

I resized an LVM volume in system-config-lvm, and this wiped out all my custom mount options in /etc/fstab and reset them to the ones used at installation time. I didn't notice it until disk quotas were exceeded without me getting a warning about it (since it also wiped out the usrjquota mount options). Is there something I'm missing here? This should not happen, I think.