Re: Debian Lenny Based SimplyMEPIS 8.0 is Released

On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 17:58:35 -0800, Jimmy Johnson wrote:

[...]
> I agree with what you say, but is not the case with Debian-Live it only
> covers amd64 and i386.

Great for a desktop system Jimmy, however, Debian is for more than just
desktop systems. You have stated a preference for live CDs and in a
limited and closed situation like that, the one click solution is easier
to implement. On an installed system where a sys admin may even have
compiled some of the software and, possibly, put it in a non-standard
location, it can be a non-trivial task to make a "one click solution".
Perhaps the 1000+ devs of Debian are not as intelligent as Warren or
perhaps they collaborate on decisions, consensus isn't reached easily in a
large group and democratic vote almost always means some people don't get
their way.

Referring to another comment you made: Some of them Debian devs are "old
dogs" too, I suspect the inability to work well with others has more to do
with personality than age. Our world view is often affected by our
experience and emotion, even our mental state at the time.

Please don't flame me with another of your personal emails, reply to the
list for peer review.