Re: Midnight commander

Frank McCormick wrote:
What's the best terminal for running Midnight Commander...it seems all
the ones I try ( rxvt, aterm) can't handle the acsii drawing characters
so the display is wierd.

Midnight Commander works great with URxvt, the unicode version of rxvt. The Debian package I have installed is 'rxvt-unicode.' There are two other packages that may work as well, 'rxvt-unicode-light' and 'rxvt-unicode-ml' (the latter for multilingual support). This is with Lenny.

I saw the same garbled display when I was checking out aterm, but I never tried the non-unicode version of rxvt.

Michael M.