what does easycam2 really do? and gspca vs uvcvideo

Hello,

I came across some websites related to webcam detection and working on
Linux systems which describe a tool called "easycam2". Here are the main
ones:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/EasyCam
http://wiki.ubuntuusers.de/Easycam2
http://blognux.free.fr/

I do not understand the French and German web pages. Debian does not
seem to have this package. Easycam2 appears to make detection and
working of webcams a breeze. Apparently it detects what webcam is
connected and installs the relevant driver. Is this correct?

Anyone have experience with this?

And anybody know what is relationship between gspca and uvcvideo modules?

Finally, is easycam2 just a gui way of replacing module-assistant in
these webcam cases?

Thanks.

ever having been read.