New installation: Volume Group not found

Hi!

My disk died recently, so I bought a new one and installed
stable on it (i.e Lenny :).

Everything works fine, basically, but I get this message on boot:

,----
| Volume group "BlackPearl" not found
| Volume group "BlackPearl" not found
| Enter passphrase to unlock the disk /dev/hda2 (hda2_crypt):
`----
and one of the last messages displayed when shutting down:

> Setting down LVM groups failed. Can't deactivate VolumeGroup "BlackPearl"...

I found some Problems regardings this with gmane and google, but
they all did not result after a new installation, but after some kind of
data migration from one hd to another.

Is it because of the mixed case Name? What did I do wrong?
System boots fine, but I am a bit irritated ...

tia