Do you know about DebianON?

Hi!

There is a new release (hooray for lenny ;), and I am
sure there will be several user doing a fresh install on their
laptops.

I would like to propose that you have a look at

  http://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/

and consider contributing.

,----[ Quote ]
| DebianOn is an effort to document how to install, configure and use Debian on
| some specific hardware. Therefore potential buyers would know if that hardware
| is supported and owner would know how get the best out of that hardware.
`----

When I bought a new laptop, I wanted to be sure it would work with debian.
I found a similar ubuntu page that suggested everything would work out
fine with my first choice. Now, there is DebianON, and I think it would
be great to have *lots* of notebooks listed there.

If everything works out of the box, a very short page would be enough, just
to let people know: Current stable will work for you!

If you have some trouble, you can use this page as a reminder how you set
things up, just in case your hd dies. And you can help others to remedy
their problems.

It won't take you long, but if you are to tech guy and want to give something
back, this might be one way.

Thanks for considering, I will not bother you any longer ;)