Re: iptables not opening ports after reinstall of lenny

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 8:45 PM, Rob Singelais <rsingelais2@gmail.com> wrote:
> Aneurin Price wrote:
>>
>> Can other computers in your network connect to those ports on
>> 192.168.0.101?
>> If not, that rules out unexpected problems with the port forwarding in the
>> router, which seems like a good first step.
>>
>> Nye
>>

> With the port forwarded on the router and also in iptables, other computers
> on the network cant reach 192.168.1.101:8080 which is what my webserver is
> on.
>
> So are you saying this could be the router?

Not in this case. The other computers on your network don't need to go through
the router to get there, so that means the router can't be causing the problem.
No progress really, just making sure the problem really is with the right
machine - it's always frustrating to work on a problem for ages and then find
that it wasn't where you thought it was after all.

Can you get other machines on your network to access *any* services on that
machine?

Nye