Re: Upgrading flashplayer?

>On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 10:56, Dr. Jennifer Nussbaum <bg271828@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > A few days ago flashplugin-nonfree went away, or something, and i can no longer get flash to work. I installed flashplayer-mozilla but it doesnt work.
> > I looked at the Adobe site and they do have a Linux download for Flash 10, but i thought there has to be a version already packaged.
> >
> > Is there a way to install the flashplugin-nonfree package from unstable, or something? Or any other way to get flash to work again until testing is
> > back in order?
>
>Testing is squeeze now, sid always the name for unstable.
>
> It appears that flashplugin-nonfree-extrasound is still in testing,
> but flashplugin-nonfree is not. I don't know why that would be,
> but it is still present in sid. You can download it from here:
> http://packages.debian.org/sid/flashplugin-nonfree
>
> At the bottom, select i386 if you are 32-bit, amd64 if you are
> using 64-bit. Then select any mirror and download the deb.
> As root, use dkpk -i (path/to/download/)flashplugin-nonfree_2.5_i386.deb
> to install.

Hmm. Thanks, i had tried this before but it still didnt work andi thought i must have done something wrong, but now im more confused.

I did this and it shows up as installed. But its not working in Firefox. (Which is why i thought it wasnot working at all.) But it IS working in Epiphany and Opera. I dont think i have anything in Firefox preventing Flash from working, and it was working before this latest change...is there
any reason why it would be failing in one browser but OK in the others?

Thanks!

Jen