Re: Why aptitude is sometimes slow inside xen domU ?

In fact in my case the domU is really really slow :
   time dd if=/dev/zero of=TEST bs=4k count=12500
   12500+0 enregistrements lus
   12500+0 enregistrements écrits
   51200000 bytes (51 MB) copied, 37,504 s, 1,4 MB/s

   real    0m37.520s
   user    0m0.004s
   sys    0m0.352s

1.4MB/s... and the Dom0 do only 40MB/s on write.

So it's not an aptitude problem.
Thanks,

Olivier

Javier Barroso a écrit :
On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 3:22 AM, Olivier B. <ob.nabble@daevel.fr <mailto:ob.nabble@daevel.fr>> wrote:

    Javier Barroso-3 wrote:

    > My aptitude is very slow when it is running inside domU:
    > aptitude take 3 minutes on:
    > Writing extended state information... 67%

    Hi,

    I have same problem on a fresh Lenny Dom0/DomU setup.

    Do you find where was the problem for you ?

No, I didn't

It is possible this issue is related with apt/sources.list and extra repos (I remember memory-cache problems whith this). I can't remember now in wich mv it happened, so I'm not sure about his sources.list content.

How could we replicate this issue without aptitude (writing many files in very short time ?)?

Regards