Re: NetworkManager Zeroconf

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 1:03 PM, Oleg Mürk <oleg.myrk@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have the following problem on Debian 5:
> * I have a router that reboots longer than 45 seconds
> * When router is rebooted, the link goes down and then up again
> * When the link goes up, Debian tries to do DHCPDISCOVER
> * However, as the DHCP server (integrated into the router) is still starting
> up, no reply comes in 45 seconds
> * At this point NetworkManager decides to stop doing DHCP and switches to
> Zeroconf (see the log below).
>
> Question: how to make NetworkManager to try doing DHCP indefinitely?

I can't directly answer your question, however:
You say the link goes down when the router is rebooted. This implies that
the computer is connected directly to the router, not via a switch,
otherwise the link would still be present. Is that correct? In that case,
since you have only one computer connected, would it not be easier just to
set the network configuration statically and be done with it?

Nye