Re: Samba PDC troubles

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 8:10 PM, Fredrik Tolf <fredrik@dolda2000.com> wrote:
Hi list!

I've been playing a little with Samba lately, trying to make it a PDC
The problem is that Samba isn't running as root
when it runs the "add machine script" and trying to do the actual work
of adding the workstation to the tdbsam database, so it gets permission
errors.
 Who is running smb daemon ? In my machine root is (and is the default on debian).

I can't find that I've configured the two machines differently in any
way that would matter, though. I've set up group mappings in the same
way, and I've verified that the user I'm logging in as to add the
machines is in Samba's "Administrators" group (which I've mapped to the
"adm" group on both the test server and the real server).

Does anyone know what could cause such behavior?
Did you try adding machines with root user ?

Regards